Getting back to Music

It has been a while since my last studio work, two years almost, and need I say that I miss it even more than I originally thought I did. For the past months, I'm cooped up in my "home studio" cutting my own tracks with Gboy(on bass). Incidentally, it was both of us who cut 4 tracks in a studio two years back, he's probably one of the musicians I've worked with the longest. Its rock 'n roll's classic story, breaking-in and breaking-up. (I should write a blog on that). Incidentally still, the last track that we cut in the studio was the same tracks that is out in the Original Motion picture Soundtrack of the movie "ANGELS", a tri-bill movie of 3 directors with Marvin Agustin, Jennylyn Mercado and Angel Locsin, produced by the latter.

The album has 14 songs by different artists, led by the theme song “For the Rest of My Life”, which has two versions, one by Kyla and the other one by Jennylyn Mercado. Other great cuts are “Far Away From Me” by Soulstring, “My Angel” by Aryana, “Soulmates” by Jig and “Sigaw ng Puso” by Neon Sazon.(Mario E. Bautista www.journal.com). The other song I did that's included in the album is "Tuwing Ikay Kasama", written with producer Barney Borja and Randy Donaire, the final arrangement was done by myself and Gboy.

So with two existing tracks already done, I'm left with one song to work on, thanks to my producer Barney for that, a long time friend and fellow composer. Jennylyn's "Maari Ba", composed by Barney is arranged by Dennis Quila and I added my acoustic guitar track to breathe life unto the song. The recording was done in Pink Noise, engineered by Awit Awardee Nici Cunanan, and need I say that its one of the best studios I've worked in. Its such a great opportunity to work on this album as I was able to do another song "Anghel sa Panaginip", an outtake that's inspired from the same motion picture. The whole track was recorded in my home studio with a full arrangement, finishing the project from the lyrics-composition and arrangement in less than a week.  The lyrics were written by myself and Margo Rae Medina, a painter/artist/educator whom I've shared a lot of songwriting for a long time now, amongst other things. If all goes well, this will finally come to an album that I intend to release soon. This will be the second album project actually, the first was a solo project three years ago that was never released and I thought its high time to do a follow thru. Do grab the album "Angels". Till next gig!!! - 2006

Comments

Popular Posts